Saturday, March 13, 2010

Things I make on my own!

Feel free to comment if you use other recipes or if you have good or bad luck with these!


Dishwasher Detergent

Equal parts of
Borax
Baking Soda
and sometimes I add half the amount of powdered dishwasher detergent
You can also add white vinegar to the rinse agent compartment


Laundry Soap

1 cup Washing Soda
1 cup Borax
1 bar Ivory Soap

grate soap with a cheese grater and then food process it

Use 1-2 tablespoon for small loads, 3-4 tablespoons for large loads.
(more or less depending on your water quality)

Diaper Detergent

1 cup Washing Soda
1 cup 20 Mule Team Borax
1 cup Oxyclean Free

Combine all ingredients.

use 2 tablespoons for a small load, 1/4 cup for a large load.

Wipes Solutions for Cloth Wipes for Baby Bottoms

I make this in a sport disposable water bottle and squirt it in the wipes

1 tsp Dr. Bronners Soap ( I use peppermint or lavendar, tea tree didn't work so well) or Baby Soap
1 drop tea tree oil
1 tsp baby oil
Fill with water

Household Cleaner

used in a Spray bottle
2 tsp Dr. Bronners Soap
1/2 c. white vinegar (sometimes I omit this and add a few drops of tea tree oil)
Water



No comments: