Click on the little Monkeys to see some December pictures.
Saturday, December 18, 2010
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
It's been a month since we've been in Sidney. Do I still miss the city, YES and NO
- having my support system of Mama's and my choices of Targets to run to.
- Running outside (which I can do here, just not sure if the dirt roads are "safe" to run along)
- Museums, the cafe's, starbucks, and the Aquarium
- Riding the train, and the tourists in the city
- The quintessential New England towns that I can never afford but dream I can.
- Impromptu play-dates and a plethora of Mama's to call on ( I posted on a MOPS board about having people over for a kids craft playdate and no one responded)...I miss having friends
- Being the only English speaking person in the store, neighborhood, phone etc.
- The garbage and disrespect of the people in the city and their VULGAR language
- Car alarms, drag racing, and emergency sirens during the day and into the night
- Lack of outdoor and indoor space
- Fighting for a parking spot or fighting parking tickets!
- Local coffee shop
- Meeting people who know you or have seen your kids somewhere in town
- Tons of outdoor space
- A garage
- The genuine pleasantness of people
- The willingness of people to embrase you and make you feel comfortable (The golden rule is still alive, and it is alive in Sidney)
- The sense of community and togetherness during the holiday season
- A great children's library with a wonderful librarian