Friday, July 30, 2010

City = Done

So we live in the city, a 5-7 minute walk to 2 T stops both having Elevators now and do I use them?? Well last week our car was in the shop so I decided to go out and about car free for a few days. Well this city is NOT made for us anymore. I needed thread for a baby project and yarn for a knitting project, so I figure I will head into town to Winsor Button. I decide on a single stroller with a ride on board in case both need a spot. I put Emma in the Beco on the front, Liam in the stroller and off we go. Well the T ride to State street was fine, but that's where the fine ends! State street is under construction and us alone with all the other T riders at 4:45 barely fit down the platform and I am bumped numerous times by busy people trying to push past us, then comes the stairs..I make Liam jump out and I carry the stroller while holding Liam's hand and Emma on the frontup the stairs while being "excuse me'd" by people as the run up and down trying to get ahead inthe rat race. NOT one person offers to help me out, seriously NOT one person could spare a minute. So I get up the stairs only to go down again on the other side while sweating profusely. We finally push through fighting the crowds on and off the train and take the orange line to Downtown Crossing where we find one nice young guy to help us up the stairs and out. Now downtown crossing is "culturally diverse" for a lack of better words and not well morally well. I hear F this and F that and "he's a Mother F'er" all the while Liam is asking me what they are saying and can he have an ice cream or a lollypop like that boy..We make is to Winsor Button and I breathe a sigh of relief. Liam is driving cars and digging and dumping buttons while I fondle fibers, trying to relax a bit before we do it all over again. I find yarn, thread and we are out. The trip in takes almost 40 minutes door to door and the store well about 15. We endure the lovely process all the way back home and I realize why I DO NOT run into the local Mom and Pop shop in the city. I'd much rather sit on my rear in the car and drive 15 minutes to Micheal's use my 50% off coupon spend much less for the same item that use the city we live in. Maybe it's time to move on out!

No comments: