Thursday, August 12, 2010

SHIT the 4 letter word

Well somewhere along the lines of a rehearsal dinner, a "Meet and Greet", a wedding, and a brunch Liam heard the word shit and has used it repeatedly in and out of context. Is this what I have to look forward to once he leaves my nest for Preschool in the fall?? I let the boy out of my sight not even out of my surroundings for a few hours and I have to hear...
Oh shit, go shit, space shit, shitter, and this is shitty...
To no avail, time outs just involve him sitting in a corner saying "shut up, and shit repeatedly" me telling him it is a bad word only to hear it again and me firmly asking him what he said and him closing his eyes (guess if he can't see me I can't see him and the issue goes away) to me ignoring it (which is working quite well, no reaction = no fun for him)
God only knows what he will pick up at preschool, hopefully "please", "thank you" and "would you like a turn now" Well a girl can dream right :)

No comments: